So yesterday I placed a few drops of terro on a piece of wax paper and waited. Throughout the morning few ants took the bait. To make the death trap more inviting, I placed a dollop of grape jelly in the middle. Then they came (and hopefully carried the goo back to their home nest).
I could not resist making a couple of photographs. I uploaded these to my flickr account, and wondered if out of the nine trillion (or so) photos appearing on that site, perhaps mine are the only "ants ingesting poison goo" scenes? Guess I ought to run a search.